Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD)
Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD) CME course demonstrate an extensive in-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles of decontamination and sterilization. The topics covered by the latest developments surrounding the issue of sterilization and infection control. The course shall also interlink and teach coordination of CSSD & Infection control.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss and identify the sterilized material from a central department where sterilization practices are conducted under conditions, which are controlled, thereby contributing to a reduction in the incidence of hospital infection.
- Perform and enforce controls necessary to prevent cross infection according to infection control policy.
- Discuss the latest standards, guidelines, and best practices of instrument reprocessing.
- Maintain record of effectiveness of cleaning disinfection and sterilization process.
- Describe the essential components for an effective sterilization program.
- 2-Year DOH Certification
- 7 CME Credit Units