This program will provide you with rapid training on key aspects of infection and immunity to empower you in your community-based advocacy on how to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19. The course covers the chain of infection, how infectious diseases are transmitted and how to break the chain of infection through concrete preventive actions. It also aims to show the type of personal protective equipment or PPE needed to correctly protect oneself.
Upon completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental principles of emerging respiratory viruses and how to effectively respond to an outbreak.
- Explain why an emerging respiratory virus, including COVID-19, are a global threat to human health.
- Describe how to detect and assess an emerging respiratory virus outbreak.
- Describe what strategies should be used to communicate risk and engage communities to detect, prevent and respond to COVID-19.
- Discuss on how to break the chain of infection through concrete preventive actions.
- Understand and increase international coordination for response and preparedness.
What Will You Learn?
- 5 Credit Units
- 2 Year Certification
MODULE 1: Emerging Respiratory Viruses, Including Covid-19: Methods For Detection, Prevention, Response And Control
MODULE 2: Infection Prevention And Control (IPC) For Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19)
MODULE 3: Covid-19: Prevention & Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
MODULE 4: The Management
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet