Telemedicine has emerged as a powerful tool in healthcare. Telehealth courses provide students the opportunity to shadow physicians via video conferencing to learn telehealth terminology and communication skills. A key benefit to telehealth services is the remote monitoring of patients and their vitals, often done through wearable devices or Bluetooth monitoring devices.
Upon completion of this module, participants should be able to:
- Explain the appropriate uses, benefits and limitations of telemedicine.
- Describe the pros and cons of telemedicine.
- Identify the tools for telemedicine.
- Discuss the top telemedicine medical specialties.
- Describe common indications and limitations of telehealth in primary care settings, considering the “social distancing” changes posed by the COVID pandemic vs. normal times.
What Will You Learn?
- 5 Credit Units
- 2 Year Certification